“Pillow” formed briquette is widespread in EC countries as well as in the North and South America. It gained its popularity do to its properties:
“Pillow” charcoal briquette
Despite these positive properties of BBQ briquette, there is a range of shortcomings which are not seen by the average man, namely: high content of ash (up to 20%), (that can be seen in the picture).
High content of ash (up to 20%) of “pillow” briquette
Despite these positive properties of BBQ briquette, there is a range of shortcomings, which are not seen by the average man, namely: high content of ash (up to 20%), low content of carbon (less than 70%), in compliance with GOST 7657-84(94). Charcoal is of B mark, which is of the lowest grade. Low content of carbon influences the quantity of volatile matters, high content of which causes flame appearance during the burning and partial burn-out of carbon, that significantly decreases period of burning in the industry, where the carbon content is of key importance.
The main point of the above listed shortcomings consists of materials used for its production, which are:
Why does the “average man” like charcoal briquette more than usual charcoal? Because people don’t see good charcoal, there is only 5% of charcoal in the world is obtained technologically by means of industrial equipment, the rest 95% produced by traditional methods without adherence to the main requirements of wood drying and pyrolysis.
From the above-listed one can conclude that perfect charcoal should possess the next characteristics:
Nowadays it is impossible to produce from wood growing in the most regions of the world. Thus, “perfect” and approximate to it charcoal can be made from black, red and iron wood also far eastern oak, coconut, mango and other exotic trees of high density.
Is it possible to produce charcoal from usual wood – birch, poplar etc. which would correspond to the characteristics of the exotic species? Yes, it is. Even from straw or sunflower husks. By means of artificial changing the density of raw material used for pyrolysis.
It is feasible today. Many faced the next product. This is a fuel briquette “Pini kay”. Today it is used everywhere. There are different materials and methods of its production. But its properties are practically always the same:
According to its characteristics, this artificially formed product is an ideal raw material for charcoal production.
Briquettes Pini Kay is ideal material for pyrolysis with modern technology giving us the perfect charcoal. Why is it necessary?
The qualities listed above significantly reduce the charcoal consumption, as well as provide an opportunity to get better products using such charcoal.
Besides the modern methods of charcoal production permit:
• Exclude harmful emissions
• Increase the percentage charcoal yield from 1 ton of raw material
• Reduce the quantity of waste wood industry
• Reduce the cutting of valuable species of trees for charcoal production.
• Receive heat or power energy by pyrolysis gas processing.
Charcoal kilns CK "EURO" are the most suitable for the processing briquette «Pini kay» into charcoal , because:
• The number of drop-outs does not exceed 1 %
• The briquette structure is maximum preserved
• The charcoal yield is 35-38 % of the dry weight
• The loading and unloading process is maximum convenient
• The heat excess can be used for different purposes
• Performance of the kiln reaches 120 tons of charcoal per month.
Percent yield of different wood species:
Indexes of charcoal from fuel briquettes listed above allows to assert that we can get from an "ordinary" wood a "perfect charcoal". Duration of 1 kg of such coal burning is up to 10 hours, comparing with charcoal made from birch wood burns up to 4 hours, and from ironwood to 6 hours.
Nowadays, Pini Kay briquette pyrolysis for charcoal production is a promising sector of processing industry. So such charcoal is better than charcoal produced from fuel wood. Charcoal has a wider application than the fuel briquette. Additionally the price of the resultant charcoal would be higher than usual and several times higher than the fuel briquette price .
Video: different kinds of charcoal briquette
You`ve entered incorrect E-mail address
Entered E-mail is already in newsletter
You succesfully subscribed to our news
Tel./fax +380 57 717 44 64(66)
+380 95 250 63 45
+380 93 141 96 84
+380 93 908 82 86
+792 64 92 15 84
You can call us from 8.00 till 22.00 (GMT +2)
We work from 8.00 till 17.00 (GMT +2)
Monday - Friday
greenpower greenpower.ua greenpower.com.ua