TYPES OF RAW MATERIALS FOR THE PRODUCTION OF ACTIVE CARBON
It is possible to obtain charcoal for the production of activated carbons from the following types of raw materials:
• Firewood and woodworking waste of various species: birch, oak, beech, hornbeam and more.
• The shells of various nuts: walnut, coconut, almond, hazelnut, etc.
• Fruit pits: olives, apricot, peach, mango, avocado and other stone-fruits.
• Other woody plant waste.
Classification of Active Carbons
Active carbons can be divided into the following types according to their use:
• activated carbons for adsorption of gases and vapors
• activated carbons for adsorption from the liquid phase
• activated carbons as the core of catalysts and chemical absorbers
Classification of activated carbon can also be made according to other factors. Among them, the following distinctions may be made:
• Raw material of the activated carbon: wood, coal, coconut shell and so on;
• Descriptors: clarifying, gas, coal-bearing catalysts with the qualities of chemical sorbents;
• Activation techniques: steam and thermo-chemical method;
• Forms of presentation: granular (crushed) activated carbon, powder, molded activated carbon, extruded carbon (granules in the form of cylinders) and a fabric that is impregnated with coal.
You`ve entered incorrect E-mail address
Entered E-mail is already in newsletter
You succesfully subscribed to our news